Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I have a dorky question about make-up and need some help! Please be serious!?

Ok so, I apparently suck at make-up colors, i wear ivory base and I guess maybe to light? I dont know.. I am posting a picture of myself, any idea's of what would be the perfect color I should wear? even for eye shadow, lipstick, ect. Cuz I am really not girly at all, but I dont like to wear make-up that just brightens my face and isnt to dark on me. Also, I am huge on dying my hair, ive done it bergundy, brown, red, black, brown black, red brown, any recommended colors that would look great? Please be serious and honest. Thank You!



http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cf...



I have a dorky question about make-up and need some help! Please be serious!?

ok,



here is a tip my mother gave me.



When you choose your cover up,



Put it next too the under side of your wrist and if it dosnt match then dont use it. the skin there is most likely too match the skin on your neck and face



I have a dorky question about make-up and need some help! Please be serious!?

picture link doesn't work...



I have a dorky question about make-up and need some help! Please be serious!?

I don't know honestly but they have those little clinique stations at malls and stuff where they put make-up on you for free and I got a lot of ideas that way. Good luck!! P.S. the link worked for me



I have a dorky question about make-up and need some help! Please be serious!?

I cant see your picture it's only avail for people who can log in?????



I have a dorky question about make-up and need some help! Please be serious!?

Okay,



-Wear powder makeup, like try maybelline mineral powder.



Stick with ivory, because your skin is very pretty.



-For masscara u should get maybelline XXL CURL POWER, volume + length. Works very good.



-For eyeliner get maybelline also (very black)



-i Like your hair color you should def keep that.



You shouldnt wear any lipstick becasue usually on ppl it doesnt look right, it kinda looks trashy. So keep it nice and natural.



i dont think you should wear any eyeshadow either.



%26amp;%26amp;%26amp;%26amp;%26amp;%26amp;%26amp;%26amp;%26amp;%26amp;%26amp;



you could wear a light blush color.



I have a dorky question about make-up and need some help! Please be serious!?

I would go for some eye makeup. They say to only use black eyliner and mascara. you'll just have to play with eye shadow--avoid greens and blues tho. try maybe natural beige as your foundation and translusent powder with a rosey blush. Smile when you put the blush and remember its supposed to look natural. For hair I would go with brown and highlights and short hair I think would look really good.



I have a dorky question about make-up and need some help! Please be serious!?

Here's my suggestion:



First, it's not a dorky question! No-one was born knowing how to do makeup, we all had to learn! So let's do this in steps shall we?



Foundation: I know its a little daunting at first, but you'll pick it up! I've been doing makeup for YEARS and I still don't have any single shade or brand that I stick to. But since you're unsure on where to start, it might be worth it to splurge a little at a department store makeup counter where they can help you find the right shade and type for your skin! Just let them know you need help choosing! I would recommend Clinique, as they tend to not be as pricey as the other designers. Once you get comfortable with the right color, (if you want to) check out local pharmacy brands like CoverGirl and Almay. Just be sure to look for the color closest to the designer color! This way it will be less harsh on your wallet! [Quick tip: If you're not into that "makeup-y" look and want a lighter coverage, mix a little foundation with moisturizer in your palm and apply it all over, you can then add foundation in the areas where you'd like a little more!]



Next, eyeliner: You have great eyes so a little goes a long way! Big rule of eyeliner: DON'T LINE THE INNER RIM!!!! You know that thin bit on your bottom lid between your lashes and your actual eyeball? yes, THAT! I know lots and lots of girls do it but it'll just make your eyes look small and squinty! There's ways to make your eyes dramatic without doing that. As WELL as make them stand out without looking like Suzie Sunshine.. For everyday, I would say use a little black/brown eyeliner on your top lid on the outer corners as close to the lash as you can get. It should be very thin in the middle and get gradually thicker towards the edge. Do the same thing if you want on the bottom but just OUTSIDE your lashes. If you want it a little darker start the top lid from the very inside (that takes practise though!)



Eyeshadow: It's best to stick with basics like bronze and taupe that will make your eyecolor stand out without looking silly. Swipe a light light LIGHT bronze/ tan over your eyelid. Then above that use a darker taupe or brown/bronze and swipe that along the crease of your eye. blend it so it's not all one line and it should be darker towards the outside of your eye and lighter towards the inside. The next time your at the supermarket or pharmacy just look for a handy eyeshadow "quad" which will have a couple colors that all work well together.



Lipstick: keep it on the natural side, especially since you want your eyes to take centre stage! A soft nude, or pinky-brown will work just fine. Just make sure it's sheer and doesn't compete with the rest of your makeup!



Bottom line: stick with neutral colors and play up your eyes! It's the easiest way to keep it simple, but still allows you to throw in something edgy if you feel like. Try a bunch of different stuff to see what you like the most, and don't be afraid to try something you may not have previously considered! Don't give up though! It definately takes practise, but once you figure out what you like it will be SO much easier! Good luck!



I have a dorky question about make-up and need some help! Please be serious!?

The honest truth is you shouldn't look to someone who is judging just from a photo. Have a beauty consultant work with you to help you pick out your right colors. I like Mary Kay, but pick a good brand. Work with a consultant who knows what they are doing. Even though a girl is behind the make-up counter at the mall doesn't mean she knows what she is doing. they get hired at those counters because they are cute not because they know what they are doing. It is well worth the search when you find a good consultant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Cats